Sunday, February 27, 2011

Missing Order



I miss everybody back home. I do. But as I approach my one-month anniversary of being here in Montreal, one at a time, they have been scaling up from the basic 'Miss' level to the 'Really Miss' level in my 'Missing Gamut'.

And it's funny the order of who's been going from 'miss' to 'really miss'. Mostly because the first one to cross over to my higher level of missing or 'really miss' was my dog Bosco. I never thought I would 'miss' a dog. I miss this bitch. No, I really miss this bitch! Its ridiculous. She's a dog. But all I want to do is cuddle her and poke at her floppy black lips and sniff her fur.

It's funny- maybe if we're to break this down psychologically, it makes sense that (specially a woman) would be most deeply attached to whatever creature she most takes care of, most depends on her. Like a child. Bosco is the equivalent, not to my external common sense but to my subconscious psyche, of a daughter to me. Anyways, she was the first...creature to enter 'really miss'.

Next? Still not Casey (oops), still not my mom...but my Mémére. I was triggered, again by a song that came up on those automatically-generated playlists on my iPod while I was doing the dishes. It was some obscure song I had used for a scene in Mémére Métisse. A scene where I'm just hanging out in Memere's kitchen (which was eventually, rightfully, deleted).  Click on the photo below to see the scene.



It made me cry a bit and wish so deeply that I was just hanging out in Mémére's kitchen, drinking tea, picking at her peppermint jar and seeing Pépére tout étendu on the couch watching CBC in the mini-living room.

Next up? This one is weird too. I missed my gay Osborne Village Safeway Starbucks guy, Jason. What the hell? There's people that I obviously like-LOVE, that haven't arrived to the 'really miss' room and this Jason guy is in there with my dog and my grandmother. Yes, he's the funnest, friendliest Barista in Winnipeg, but really? Why do I miss him? This is getting really weird. I'm going to have a dream tonight of my dog, my Mémére and Jason hanging out together, I know it.

1 comment:

  1. well I realized I was missing my sidekick on Sunday... and my "miss" went to "really miss" when I didn't have you sitting beside me at supper, laughing together at what ever seems funny which is pretty much a rien! You're my Seinfeld where a good time is just about nothing really, just a good time. xoxo

    ReplyDelete