Saturday, March 26, 2011

Miam-Mardi'licious


Miam-Mardi, Annick and I's weekly dinner night has undergone a few changes. It's now called Miam-Mardi'licious and it's also become a competition. This week was Annick's turn, next week, I cook the meal and we pick a winner.

This one's going to be hard to beat...New York Steak strips and grilled portabello mushroom caps over Sweet Potatoes with a red wine reduction sauce....how the HELL do I beat this? I can barely make Kraft Dinner.


red wine reduction



At this week's Miam-Mardi'licious, I realized I am filling and replacing my Casey void with red wine. That's probably not good, eh?

It was as delicious as it looks..

The following night was somewhat more pathetic...


Gooey chocolate egg and American Idol...What a night.

So far I have this one contract teaching a documentary filmmaking workshop to Aboriginal youth in Deux Montagnes. It's awesome, but other than that, I've decided I'm resigning myself from trying to get any other kind of industry job here in Montreal (unless something amazing comes up). I'm not going to be here for much longer and I need more friends if I'm going to be able to enjoy all the fun things I came here to do. I dont need a TON of money to survive here so my plan is to work as a hostess or something in some cool restaurant in Old Montreal or on the Plateau. Tons of hiring right now for summertime. Also-Westjet is hiring flight attendants. Hmmm...
Anyways, I'll keep you guys posted! haha...

For now it's off to Ottawa! A bientot xo

1 comment: